CFFS Members asked for a simple handout that promotes free speech and educates at the same time. Our solution is Action Cards, shrink-wrapped 40 to a pack. There are a variety of quotations (8 to be exact) from well-known historical figures printed on the cards.
Action Cards are printed on sturdy white card stock with a gloss coating on both sides for an excellent feel when presenting to another person.
The back is intentionally left blank so that you can write a message or your contact information. Here are some suggested usages:
- Inviting someone to a meetup in your area
- Saying “Thank you” to someone who is not wearing a mask
- Educating someone who IS wearing a mask
- Making a statement about censorship
- Inviting someone to join Citizens for Free Speech
Here is a list of the eight quotes seen on individual cards:
- Whoever would overthrow the liberty of a nation must begin by subduing the freeness of speech. – Benjamin Franklin
- If the freedom of speech is taken away, then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. – George Washington
- Restriction of free thought and free speech is the most dangerous of all subversions. – William O. Douglas
- The liberty of the press is essential to the security of the state. – John Adams
- Our liberty depends on the freedom of the press and that cannot be limited without being lost. – Thomas Jefferson
- Without Freedom of Thought, there can be no such thing as Wisdom; and no such thing as public liberty, without Freedom of Speech. – Benjamin Franklin
- Reason and free inquiry are the only effectual agents against error. – Thomas Jefferson
- Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas? – Joseph Stalin
Action Card packs are available for a donation of $10 each, and include shipping via First Class Mail.